Listen to the episode:
I’m thrilled to welcome my special guest, Dr. Heidi Kohltfarber, onto the show to talk all about dental radiology and what radiology can do for your dental practice.
Dr. Heidi Kohltfarber is a dental radiologist and associate professor in the Department of Radiologic Imaging at Loma Linda University School of Dentistry. She’s also an adjunct professor in the Department of Diagnostic Sciences at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. Dr. Kohltfarber is very passionate about 3D imaging with a particular focus on how it applies to oral health care.
In 2013, Heidi founded “Dental Radiology Diagnostics” where she currently resides and works as both the owner and managing oral and maxillofacial radiologist. In her spare time, Heidi enjoys spending time with her two daughters and husband Bobby, who is a civil engineer with Michael Baker International.
On the podcast we discussed:
- What inspired Heidi to become a dental radiologist
- The importance of collaborating with others to help them (and yourself) grow
- What a dental radiologist is and their main job duties
- Academics Vs. Private Practice radiology
- How much radiation comes with 3D imaging
- Ensuring your liability as a dentist using radiology and 3D imaging
- Benefits of 3D imagery in dentistry
- Working with a dental radiologist
For more information visit: tbonespeaks.com/heidi-kohltfarber/
Practice In A Pod is the best source for all things dental podcast! Get complete dental podcast listings, episode links and show notes, and complete archives of your favorite dental podcasts.
Don't know what's out there? Practice In A Pod gives you the latest dental podcast episodes as soon as they are aired on the iTunes podcasting network.
Send us a message at email@example.com if you want to add your favorite dental podcast or will be launching one soon.