Listen to the episode:
Having trouble watching this video? Click here.
Patient Attraction Episode 1230
– Thanks for watching the Patient Attraction Podcast.
– I’m Colin Receveur, CEO of SmartBox.
– I know thousands of dentists, and far too many of them are in pain.
– Their backs hurt, their necks bother them, and those aches and pains don’t stop at the doors of their practices.
– Chronic pain affects your entire life and the quality of your life.
– And it can lead to you leaving the profession before you’re ready.
– Frankly, dentistry is too good a profession to hurt this much.
– But until and unless there’s some major breakthrough in dental ergonomics, you have to take care of you.
– And self-care as a dentist begins with not spending so many hours in positions that hurt you.
– Sounds like a pipe dream, right?
– I don’t have a better dental chair to offer you.
– What I do have is the proven path to working less while earning more.
– So, you’re probably wondering how much less and how much more?
– How does working 3 days a week while increasing your earnings by 350 percent sound?
– To be fair, the case I just mentioned involved the doctor getting specialized training and an associate to handle the general dentistry side.
– But that doctor spends all his time handling only cases he loves to do.
– And he wakes up in the morning eager to get into the practice … and he’s in his 60s.
– SmartBox works with hundreds of dentists on 3 continents to help them get better patients.
– Better patients are people with the ability and willingness to pay more for the right dentist.
– The lifetime value of better patients is orders of magnitude greater than patients you’re probably getting now.
– Higher value means you can see fewer patients and still make as much as – or more than – you’re making now.
– So, you have a couple of options if you want to quit working so long and so hard.
– You can get specialty training – in implants or cosmetic dentistry, for instance – and hire an associate to do general dentistry.
– Or you can attract better patients with higher case value and work fewer hours each week.
– If you think that can’t happen, here’s the experience of Dr. Ron Receveur of New Albany, Indiana.
– He said, “Actually, the number of visits to my website is down during the time that I’m collecting a lot more money.
– “So we’ve extrapolated that information from more visits, less money to less visits, higher-quality patient, more collections. It’s working.”
– Full disclosure: Ron is my dad, and I’m proud to say that SmartBox has played a role in his amazing success.
– How about a dentist who isn’t related to me?
– Here’s Dr. Travis Watson of Marietta, Georgia.
– He said, “A consistent goal that we have is to continue to have the new patients come in that are high-quality …
– “… who are interested in comprehensive dentistry, and really just want something better for themselves and aren’t just what we call single-tooth type situations.
– “They’re more of the fine cases that we enjoy doing, so that’s always going to be a goal for us as we move forward with a company like SmartBox to help us with that.”
– You should note that Dr. Watson is talking about getting more high-quality patients like the ones he’s getting already.
– You can enjoy the kind of success that Dr. Receveur and Dr. Watson are experiencing.
– It starts with a visit to smartboxdentalmarketing.com to reserve your free, no-obligation Practice Discovery Session.
– We’ll discuss your goals, your capabilities, and your particular market.
– After the session, you’ll receive your free Patient Attraction Roadmap as well.
– Working just 3 days a week isn’t just a pipe dream.
– It can be your reality when you work with SmartBox.
– Your back, your neck, and the rest of your life will thank you.
– Join me for our next podcast.
– Until then, keep moving forward.
Practice In A Pod is the best source for all things dental podcast! Get complete dental podcast listings, episode links and show notes, and complete archives of your favorite dental podcasts.
Don't know what's out there? Practice In A Pod gives you the latest dental podcast episodes as soon as they are aired on the iTunes podcasting network.
Send us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to add your favorite dental podcast or will be launching one soon.