Listen to the episode:
Having trouble watching this video? Click here.
Patient Attraction Episode 1220
I’m Colin Receveur.
– Thanks for watching the Patient Attraction Podcast.
– Let me reassure you that this isn’t a talk about search engine optimization.
– I could ramble on for hours about long-tail keywords, image optimization, page load times, and a host of other technical stuff.
– But you don’t need to know all that.
– Search engine optimization doesn’t make you any money.
– You make money by seeing patients and solving their dental problems.
– And SEO, as vital as it is, usually has a really big hole in it when it comes to actually getting you new patients.
– Let me explain.
– You might have hired an SEO specialist or company to optimize your website.
– If so, good for you.
– But what did they tell you would happen?
– The odds are that they talked about things like impressions, views, and click-through rates.
– Don’t get me wrong – those are good things, they’re just not enough.
– They’re just a means to an end, and that end has to be putting more new patient butts in your chairs.
– You absolutely need to be seen online, but after that, you have to convert that prospect into an appointed patient.
– Search engine optimization providers typically don’t handle that last step.
– Converting prospects to appointed patients isn’t part of their discipline.
– Don’t get Dr. Ryan Shepherd started on the subject of SEO.
– The Albuquerque, New Mexico, dentist told us, “I’ve done your traditional things.
– “You know – I did the full-page ad, and the phone book, and had a generic website built.
– “I’ve done a Valpak mailer for the first several years that I was in practice, and those things actually worked – then.
– “But that was 10 years ago, and then over a 2-year period, it totally dropped off so that I wasn’t even recouping my investment in it.
– “And I realized that a big change was taking place in how we need to market dental practices.
– “I signed a 1-year contract to work with a company who guaranteed Google reviews and great SEO.
– “It was a total waste – I mean, an absolute waste.
– “I didn’t see any return on my investment whatsoever.
– “In hindsight, I can see why that was the case.
– “And I knew that in order to make a significant stride and a significant change, it was going to have to be something that was a significant investment.”
– What Dr. Shepherd decided to do was partner with a company that does everything to attract and help appoint new patients.
– He became a SmartBox dentist.
– SmartBox is a full-service dental patient attraction firm.
– We provide a steady stream of more and better new patients so our doctors can focus on doing the dentistry.
– Dr. Shepherd knew that his approach needed to change.
– How about you?
– Are you tired of spending every month and not getting enough in return?
– Discover what our industry-leading Patient Attraction System® can do for your practice.
– Visit smartboxdentalmarketing.com and reserve your no-cost, no-obligation Practice Discovery Session.
– After the session, you’ll receive your free Patient Attraction Roadmap as well.
– We’ll show you how SmartBox provides a steady stream of new patients so you can focus on doing the dentistry.
– Dentists who don’t change, and who continue to take a piecemeal approach to attracting new patients, risk the futures of their practices.
– Don’t keep marketing the way you’ve always marketed.
– Go to school on Dr. Shepherd’s experience and check out what SmartBox offers.
– Join me for our next podcast.
– Until then, keep moving forward.
Practice In A Pod is the best source for all things dental podcast! Get complete dental podcast listings, episode links and show notes, and complete archives of your favorite dental podcasts.
Don't know what's out there? Practice In A Pod gives you the latest dental podcast episodes as soon as they are aired on the iTunes podcasting network.
Send us a message at email@example.com if you want to add your favorite dental podcast or will be launching one soon.