Listen to the episode:
Having trouble watching this video? Click here.
Patient Attraction Episode 1135
The stars have aligned, and the signs are favorable: 2018 can be a great year for you and your dental practice – if you take steps now. This isn’t the year for same-old, same-old practice marketing. There’s another market segment that is more fun, more fulfilling, and more profitable than what you’ve been getting. When we come back, I’ll tell you who those better dental prospects are and why you absolutely need them in your chairs. Stay tuned.
– Thanks for watching the Patient Attraction Podcast.
– I’m Colin Receveur, founder and CEO of SmartBox.
– It’s no secret that the last 8 years haven’t been kind to a lot of dental practices.
– But now, things look to be turning around somewhat.
– Spending on dental services is trending up for at least the last 2 years.
– That’s a sharp contrast from the years when dental spending was pretty much flat.
– The stock market has had a tremendous run of growth, and unemployment is at near-historic lows.
– Against that upbeat news, dental competition is increasing.
– Insurance reimbursements are decreasing.
– And only time will tell what effect the recent tax overhaul will have on the economy.
– The reviews are mixed so far.
– If things work out as forecast, dentists should be even better off.
– If not, dentists need to be prepared.
– So if you’re going to take advantage of the positive economic indicators to get your share of success, it’s prudent to take action now.
– The marketing tactics that worked, more or less, during the lean times aren’t what you want to use during good times.
– Dentists cut their prices to keep their chairs filled during the bad times.
– They worked more and earned less per case.
– Why would you do that when times are good?
– The secret to success as a dentist is to work less and earn more, not the other way around.
– But you’ll need to take a different approach to attracting the patients you want rather than just the patients you get.
– The prospects that represent a much higher lifetime value to your practice make up about 30 percent of your market.
– When your appointments consist of far more loyal patients than one-and-dones, you’re doing dental marketing right.
– And 2018 can be your best year ever.
– Dr. Thomas J. Feder of Belleville, Illinois, knows something about best years.
– He said, “The last 6 to 8 months have been very exceptional.
– “I’ve had more new patients than I’ve ever had.
– “My income for the year last year was up, and this year, the way it’s going, it’s going to beat that by several percentage points.
– “We’re doing a lot better this year than we did last year, and I was extremely happy with last year.
– “If I had it to do over, there’s absolutely no doubt I would join SmartBox.”
– What SmartBox did for Dr. Feder’s practice, we can likely do for yours.
– Our industry-leading Patient Attraction System works 24/7 to provide a steady stream of more and better patients.
– You get to focus on actually doing the dentistry rather than trying to market your practice.
– Discover what SmartBox’s Patient Attraction System can do for your practice.
– Visit smartboxdentalmarketing.com and reserve your no-cost, no-obligation Practice Discovery Session.
– Invest 25 minutes in the ongoing success of your practice.
– We’ll show you how we position you to get more and better patients.
– After the session, we’ll send your free Patient Attraction Roadmap as well.
– Act now to make 2018 your best year ever.
– Join me for our next podcast.
– Until then, keep moving forward.
Practice In A Pod is the best source for all things dental podcast! Get complete dental podcast listings, episode links and show notes, and complete archives of your favorite dental podcasts.
Don't know what's out there? Practice In A Pod gives you the latest dental podcast episodes as soon as they are aired on the iTunes podcasting network.
Send us a message at email@example.com if you want to add your favorite dental podcast or will be launching one soon.