Listen to the episode:
Having trouble watching this video? Click here.
Patient Attraction Episode 1173
Are you bored with doing mostly routine exams and drill and fills? I don’t blame you. You completed 4 long years of dental school and made a huge financial investment to become the skilled professional you are today. There’s more to dentistry than routine cases, and the cases you love to handle should be part of your everyday practice. When we come back, I’ll tell you how to put the challenge and fun back in dentistry. Stay tuned.
– Thanks for watching the Patient Attraction Podcast.
– I’m Colin Receveur, CEO of SmartBox.
– Dentistry has turned into a numbers game for the vast majority of dentists.
– It’s become more about how many patients you see than about how much you make from each visit.
– Numbers games are fine for machines.
– Automated factories can crank out vast numbers of widgets.
– But you’re not a robot, you’re a flesh-and-blood human being.
– Most of your working parts can’t be replaced.
– And bending over the chair hour after hour can take a heavy toll on your back and neck.
– Not to mention that routine cases are boring and use a fraction of your talents.
– I’m not running down routine dental care.
– But it’s about like hiring a Nobel Laureate to write limericks.
– Dentistry should be more than an unending daily grind.
– Some dentists have found the way to make dentistry everything it’s supposed to be.
– One of those dentists is Dr. Ron Receveur of New Albany, Indiana.
– By way of full disclosure, he’s a SmartBox client and my dad.
– Ron had a general practice for many years, but he got tired of the daily grind.
– He spent considerable time and money to find the right ways to make the transformation from routine dental practice to specialty practice.
– He has an associate who handles the general practice side of things, but Ron only works 3 days a week.
– And he handles only the cases he loves to do – dental implants and consultations.
– The practice increased its collections from $1.8 million to $3.4 million in just 4 years.
– He can’t wait to get into the office on workdays, and he’s usually done by 3 p.m.
– How does that compare with your workweek?
– Now, you might think that Ron is a special case, and that’s right to some extent.
– But he’s decided to share the secrets of how he became the relaxed, happy, fulfilled dentist he is today.
– In conjunction with SmartBox, Ron presented his first Dental Practice Transformation Seminar in May in Louisville, Kentucky.
– The event was more than a success – it was packed with dentists eager to get out of the dental rat race.
– This wasn’t a one-off event.
– Ron Receveur is presenting his Dental Practice Transformation Seminar again in the fall.
– The details are still being worked out, but I’ll keep you posted.
– The reason for telling you about Dr. Ron is to make this point.
– The path to success on your own terms is getting better dental patients.
– I mentioned that Ron is a SmartBox client.
– Here’s what he had to say about working with us.
– “The number of visits to my website is down during the time that I’m collecting a lot more money …
– “… so we’ve extrapolated that information from more visits, less money to less visits, higher-quality patient, more collections. It’s working.”
– Whether you transform your practice into something resembling Ron’s or just want to do more of the cases you love, you need better dental patients.
– SmartBox provides a steady stream of better patients to our dentists.
– They get to focus on actually doing the dentistry rather than riding herd on their practice marketing.
– It’s a success formula that has helped more than 550 dentists on 3 continents succeed on their own terms.
– Your path off the dental rat race runs through SmartBox.
– Get started by visiting smartboxdentalmarketing.com.
– Reserving your free, no-obligation Practice Discovery Session.
– We’ll conduct a 25-minute phone call with you and take the results from that call to create your completely personalized Patient Attraction Roadmap.
– The free, no-obligation Roadmap will give you recommendations for thriving in your market.
– Use it however you wish.
– You can get out of the dental rat race and handle more of the cases you love to do.
– Join me for our next podcast.
– Until then, keep moving forward.
Practice In A Pod is the best source for all things dental podcast! Get complete dental podcast listings, episode links and show notes, and complete archives of your favorite dental podcasts.
Don't know what's out there? Practice In A Pod gives you the latest dental podcast episodes as soon as they are aired on the iTunes podcasting network.
Send us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to add your favorite dental podcast or will be launching one soon.