Listen to the episode:
Having trouble watching this video? Click here.
Patient Attraction Episode 1126
Forget the rumors about email marketing being dead. Staying in contact with your prospects until they’re ready to choose you as their dentist is as important as ever. Once a prospect opts in to receive communications from you, don’t waste the chance to send them useful and engaging emails that speak to their dental concerns. But not all emails work equally well. When we come back, I’ll tell you how to monitor your email click-through rates and how you can get that number higher. Stay tuned.
– Thanks for watching the Patient Attraction Podcast.
– I’m Colin Receveur.
– At SmartBox, we know the power of dental email marketing … when it’s done right.
– The ultimate goal of all your marketing is to put more new patients in your chairs.
– But there are indicators that can tell you what’s working and what’s not working in your marketing.
– One of the key indicators is click-through rate, or CTR.
– CTR applies to all your online marketing that offers the opportunity to click on a link.
– That includes pay-per-click ads, links in social media or blog posts, or links on Google+, for instance … and, of course, the emails you send out.
– Getting new patients to pick up the phone and book an appointment is a process.
– Each email you send should move your prospects closer to that point.
– There’s no “rule” for when a prospect “should” click on a link.
– People enter your sales funnel at different stages of readiness.
– For that reason, you need to know which of your emails are getting the highest click-through rates – and which are getting few or no responses.
– Because click-throughs show that your emails are working to move your prospects closer to being appointed patients.
– You’ll need an email automation program to accurately know what your click-through rate is.
– Those programs have a ton of benefits for dental practices.
– Among other things, automating your marketing email makes sure you get the right emails to the right people at the right times.
– There’s no better way to lose younger prospects than sending them emails on dentures.
– You can also lose potential patients from sending the right emails but too often or not often enough.
– Automation keeps your busy staff from making mistakes that can cost you new patients.
– Email automation programs also include the capability to insert special links that report back to a database when they’re clicked.
– They’re even able to know which of your emails get opened most often.
– This means you can experiment with your subject lines to see which get the most opens, and your call-to-action message to see your CTR.
– You can also change the content – text and graphics – to find out which emails are engaging your prospects the best.
– And you can determine the frequency of mailings that work best for different segments of your prospects.
– When you think about manually exploring all the possible combinations of subject lines, content, calls to action, and frequency, it’s easy to get overwhelmed.
– But automation makes that exploration process fairly easy and much less time-consuming.
– Email automation programs vary a lot in how easy they are to learn and use.
– They also vary in cost and the features they provide.
– But if you’re looking to increase your click-through rate, automation is a valuable tool.
– Now, what kind of CTRs can you expect from your email marketing?
– Overall, a CTR of 2 to 3 percent is considered good.
– That may not sound like much, but when you think about your average case value, you can see why even a small increase can mean a lot more revenue.
– Still, the process of automating email marketing can be too much for a lot of dental practices.
– Dr. Mitchel Friedman of Lincroft, New Jersey, decided that he and his staff would do better seeing patients and making money.
– He chose to work with SmartBox, and here’s what he said.
– “I’ve been a client of Colin Receveur since 2013.
– “I already had a prominent web presence.
– “Colin and his brilliant team were quickly able to consolidate and automate our online programs – email responses, phone tracking and recording, press releases, blog posts, Infusionsoft integration with ortho and implant campaign sequences.”
– If you’re interested in seeing what SmartBox can do for your practice, here’s your next step.
– Visit smartboxdentalmarketing.com and reserve your free Practice Discovery Session.
– We’ll show you a Patient Attraction System that can double or even triple your practice.
– And you’ll later receive your free, completely personalized Patient Attraction Roadmap.
– Join me for our next podcast.
– Until then, keep moving forward.
The post For Dental Marketing Emails,“Click It” IS the Ticket appeared first on SmartBox » The Patient Attraction Podcast.
Practice In A Pod is the best source for all things dental podcast! Get complete dental podcast listings, episode links and show notes, and complete archives of your favorite dental podcasts.
Don't know what's out there? Practice In A Pod gives you the latest dental podcast episodes as soon as they are aired on the iTunes podcasting network.
Send us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to add your favorite dental podcast or will be launching one soon.