Listen to the episode:
Having trouble watching this video? Click here.
Patient Attraction Episode 1181
Small business owners everywhere usually wear way too many hats. Owners have their fingers in, or at least oversight of, payroll, insurance, human resources, supplies, accounts receivable and payable – the list goes on and on. When it comes to dentists, there are a couple of additional hats: the dentistry itself, and the practice marketing. After the break, I’ll tell you why working hard isn’t the only way or even the best way to succeed in dentistry. Stay tuned.
– Thanks for watching the Patient Attraction Podcast.
– I’m Colin Receveur, CEO of SmartBox.
– Dentists all over the country tell me that the economic recovery has been a mixed blessing.
– True, those dentists are making money.
– But it’s also true that they’re working way too hard to do it.
– The doctors I talk with tell me they’re practically running between rooms trying to keep up.
– That might sound like a gold mine, but it’s not.
– Those dentists are seeing mostly insurance-driven, price-shopping, and one-and-done patients.
– They’re working too hard for too long for too little.
– That pace, and the number of hours spent hunched over the chair, can take a toll on necks and backs.
– Quite a few of those dentists are wondering just how long they can keep this pace up.
– And yet they insist on wearing their “overwhelmed dentist” hats.
– The truly sad part is that all this is completely unnecessary.
– Dentistry shouldn’t be a high-volume proposition, and it doesn’t have to be.
– Dentists who advertise low price and insurance acceptance actually create this situation for themselves.
– There’s an old saying – you get what you market for, and those dentists are living proof.
– Low price and insurance isn’t the cream of the dental-prospect crop.
– There are better prospects out there who aren’t motivated by getting the lowest price or what their dental insurance will pay for.
– These are prospects who have the willingness and ability to go fee-for-service to get what they want.
– Meet or surpass their expectations, and you will likely have a patient for life.
– Not only is their initial case value higher, but their lifetime value to your practice is orders of magnitude greater.
– With better patients in your chairs, you need far fewer to make even more money than you’re making now.
– Just ask Dr. Travis Watson of Marietta, Georgia.
– He told us, “A consistent goal that we have is to continue to have the new patients come in that are high quality …
– “who are interested in comprehensive dentistry and really just want something better for themselves, and aren’t just what we call single-tooth type situations.
– “They’re more of the fine cases that we enjoy doing, so that’s always going to be a goal for us.”
– Imagine doing more of the cases you love doing rather than taking what walks through the door.
– Imagine having the time to enjoy dentistry again instead of having to rush to your next case.
– Imagine having the ability to actually get away from your practice for a real vacation.
– These aren’t just pipe dreams.
– SmartBox is making this scenario a reality for hundreds of dentists on 3 continents.
– We provide a steady stream of better dental patients so our doctors can focus on actually doing the dentistry.
– SmartBox doctors can work less, earn more, and enjoy life again.
– Discover what SmartBox can do for your dental practice.
– Visit smartboxdentalmarketing.com and reserve your no-cost, no-obligation Practice Discovery Session.
– After the session, you’ll receive your free Patient Attraction Roadmap as well.
– It’s yours to use however you wish.
– It’s time to take off the “overwhelmed dentist” hat and embrace the better life that better dental patients can provide.
– Join me for our next podcast.
– Until then, keep moving forward.
Practice In A Pod is the best source for all things dental podcast! Get complete dental podcast listings, episode links and show notes, and complete archives of your favorite dental podcasts.
Don't know what's out there? Practice In A Pod gives you the latest dental podcast episodes as soon as they are aired on the iTunes podcasting network.
Send us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to add your favorite dental podcast or will be launching one soon.