Listen to the episode:
Having trouble watching this video? Click here.
Patient Attraction Episode 1221
– I’m Colin Receveur, founder and CEO of SmartBox.
– Thanks for watching the Patient Attraction Podcast.
– It’s not an exaggeration to say that a dental practice’s future depends on the quantity and quality of its new patient stream.
– And realistically, a practice needs both kinds of patients:
– A certain number of short-term patients and a good number of long-term patients who represent a much higher lifetime value.
– The vast majority of dentists promote their practices by advertising low price, specials, and insurance acceptance.
– Sure, there’s information on their websites about the services and comfort features they offer, but that’s mostly background information.
– The main thrust, and the major marketing expense, goes toward advertising to bring in new patients right now, or at least soon.
– It’s an approach that works fairly well, except when it doesn’t.
– That’s the way most successful dental practices operate.
– Their success level depends on market demographics and the level of competition they face.
– So there are variables that are pretty much out of their control.
– But what about the really successful practices?
– I’m talking about practices that are on a strong growth trajectory – practices whose bottom lines are consistently fatter month after month.
– And practices whose new patient stream is constantly improving in terms of both quantity and quality.
– Those practices are doing something very different.
– They’ve decided to take a different approach to getting new patients.
– Rather than focusing on price and insurance, they’ve chosen to become the only logical choice for dental prospects.
– Dr. Katie Post in Rochester, Minnesota, is one such dentist.
– She said, “Since 2002 to 2008, my practice was slowly growing.
– “Unfortunately, when you looked at the total collections for the practice, it had been at 2.1 million when I came and slowly had dropped every year.
– “And the year I bought in, it was at 1.8 million.
– “SmartBox has been very instrumental in the growth of our practice going from 250 to 300 to 350 new patients per month …
– “… contributing ideas to us on marketing techniques, helping us evaluate the effectiveness of how much money I’m spending …
– “… and where I should effectively spend that to make it the most effective.”
– Dr. Post brings up a good point.
– You can throw a lot of money away on multi-channel marketing that doesn’t work.
– Research shows that dental patients are very bad at recalling which advertisement motivated them to pick up the phone.
– You might have 4 or 5 marketing channels working, but only 2 are returning enough new patients.
– Practically no dental practices can afford to waste marketing dollars.
– So if you’re not tracking your marketing to determine which channel is giving you the highest return on investment, you’re shooting yourself in the foot.
– SmartBox provides phone tracking for our dentists, like Dr. Post.
– And our team of Call Quality Analysts listens to every recorded phone call every month.
– We know which channels are producing and how well.
– And we can advise dentists when there’s a problem with their front office’s phone technique that’s costing them new patients.
– It’s all part of our industry-leading Patient Attraction System® that’s helping more than 550 dentists on 3 continents get more and better patients.
– Discover what our Patient Attraction System® can do for your practice.
– Visit smartboxdentalmarketing.com and reserve your no-cost, no-obligation Practice Discovery Session.
– After the session, you’ll receive your free Patient Attraction Roadmap as well.
– We’ll show you how SmartBox provides a steady stream of new patients so you can focus on doing the dentistry.
– Take your practice’s future into your own hands by partnering with SmartBox while you keep doing the dentistry.
– Join me for our next podcast.
– Until then, keep moving forward.
Practice In A Pod is the best source for all things dental podcast! Get complete dental podcast listings, episode links and show notes, and complete archives of your favorite dental podcasts.
Don't know what's out there? Practice In A Pod gives you the latest dental podcast episodes as soon as they are aired on the iTunes podcasting network.
Send us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to add your favorite dental podcast or will be launching one soon.