Listen to the episode:
Welcome to another episode of The Dentalpreneur Podcast. Today we are going to re-visit a previous podcast episode with guest Dr. Shawn Van de Vyver. Dr. Van de Vyver is one of a number of speakers that will be at the Voices of Dentistry conference in Nashville, TN on January 28 & 29, 2017.
Dr. Van de Vyver graduated from the University of Michigan School, of Dentistry in 2006. After failed positions as an associate, he decided to pursue dentistry from a different direction and purchased his first practice. As a result of his interest in technology, Dr. Van de Vyver has also incorporated automation and systemization into the operation of his offices, allowing double digit growth. He is creating a multiple practice operation and shares the basics on how he builds and combines practices to maximize profitability and provide high level service. He and Mark also discuss the pros and cons to owning your practice real estate or leasing.
All of that and more on today’s episode of The Dentalpreneur.
In this episode you’ll hear:
- Why systemization and automation can be beneficial to your HR process
- How to determine if a “for sale practice” is for you
- Why looking for the opportunity rather than waiting for it can give you an edge
- How brokers may not have your best interest in mind
- Why you should stay in the business you are good at
Special thanks to Dr. Shawn Van de Vyver for taking time to speak with me on today’s show. Thanks to you for joining us on another episode of the Dentalpreneur podcast.
- Contact Dr. Shawn Van de Vyver at drvan@gldentistry
- Books mentioned in today’s episode
- School of Greatness: A Real World Guide to Living Bigger, Loving Deeper, and Leaving a Legacy, by Lewis Howes
- Extreme Ownership: How U.S. Navy Seals Lead and Win, by Jocko Willink & Leif Babin
- Last chance early bird prices for Voices of Dentistry use coupon code “regret”
- Check TrueDentalSuccess.com for upcoming events
- Get your free copy of Pillars of Dental Success at TrueDentalSuccess.com
- Subscribe to The Dentalpreneur Podcast
- Write a Review on iTunes
The post 076: Dr. Shawn Van de Vyver – Merging, Acquiring & Managing Growth appeared first on Dental Success Institute Blog.
Practice In A Pod is the best source for all things dental podcast! Get complete dental podcast listings, episode links and show notes, and complete archives of your favorite dental podcasts.
Don't know what's out there? Practice In A Pod gives you the latest dental podcast episodes as soon as they are aired on the iTunes podcasting network.
Send us a message at email@example.com if you want to add your favorite dental podcast or will be launching one soon.