Listen to the episode:
I’m thrilled to welcome Joshua Scott, a marketing genius and good friend of mine, to this week’s podcast episode. Joshua is not only a marketing consultant in the dental industry, but he has also been speaking to audiences for over 20 years.
Josh has spent the last 15 years in the dental industry, working with practices and organizations to establish and deliver confident marketing strategies. He leads Studio 8E8 (pronounced 88), a creative marketing firm specializing in brand creation and innovative digital marketing solutions. He also hosts The 8E8 Show, a regular podcast that focuses on answering essential marketing questions in dentistry.
With roots in Compton Avenue on the south side of Los Angeles, Josh considers himself “part thug.” However, he currently resides in New Albany, Ohio – a typical white picket fence community where the most gangsta thing he ever does is listen to Jay-Z with the car windows rolled down. He’s a family man and has been married for 21 years to his high school best friend, Joanna. The happy couple has two children, Caden aged 12 and Aliya, who is eight years old.
On the podcast we discussed:
- Joshua’s inspirational story, detailing his journey from ‘ministry to dentistry’ and the path that led to him becoming a leading expert in dental marketing
- Advice on how to use a website to tell your story to the world and how you can utilize the power of storytelling in the digital marketing sphere
- Tips for start-up practices to stand out from their competitors and discover new ways to show people that their brand is different
- The importance of expanding your content library across multiple digital platforms to build brand recognition and improve credibility
- Why you should invest in content repurposing to help connect with more people
- Tips on how to show empathy in the healthcare industry and how you can better express emotion to your audience by using photography and video footage
- How to put together successful marketing plans and establish long-term business goals that are comprehensive and cohesive
- How dental websites can represent the industry as inspiring and innovative
- Getting to know the Brand Creator Process and how it’s used to create a custom-built site that accurately portrays the practice’s voice and values
- The ingredients to ensure a website performs well on Google and other search engine algorithms
- Understanding the key components that make a site impactful and focusing on the three most important pages on any dental website
- Advice on what to look for in a new website and understanding the difference between direct response and branding
For more information on this topic visit DeliveringWow.com.
Practice In A Pod is the best source for all things dental podcast! Get complete dental podcast listings, episode links and show notes, and complete archives of your favorite dental podcasts.
Don't know what's out there? Practice In A Pod gives you the latest dental podcast episodes as soon as they are aired on the iTunes podcasting network.
Send us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to add your favorite dental podcast or will be launching one soon.