Listen to the episode:
I’m delighted to welcome Dr. Leonard Tau to this week’s podcast episode to discuss the importance of a solid reputation to increase patient numbers.
Dr. Leonard Tau is passionate about internet marketing, social media, reputation marketing and its ability to help grow your practice. In his content-rich energizing seminars, Dr. Tau shares his firsthand experience and the tools used to achieve 100% growth in his practice since 2009 in a down economy.
He maintains a full-time fee-for-service practice in Northeast Philadelphia focusing on general, cosmetic, reconstructive and implant dentistry. He received his dental degree from Tufts University School of Dental Medicine in Boston, MA and a Certificate in Advanced Education in General Dentistry at UMDNJ in Somerdale, NJ.
He is an active member of many dental organizations including the ADA, AGD, AACA, DentalTown as well as being the sponsorship chairman for the Eastern Dental Society. He was recently chosen as one of the Top Leaders in Dental consulting by Dentistry Today.
When he is not practicing, Dr. Tau is owner of iSocial Digital and General Manager of the Dental Vertical for Birdeye, a reputation marketing software platform.
He is the author of Reputation Matters Blog and has been published in DentalTown, American Academy of Cosmetic Orthodontics, Dentistry Today, Inside Dentistry and various magazines.
He lectures nationally and internationally to fellow dentists on using the power of the internet to attract new patients, case acceptance and reputation marketing.
On the podcast we discussed…
- Dr. Tau’s career journey and the decisions that he made along the way that led him from owning a practice to now owning iSocial Digital and working with the software program Birdeye
- How the online review world changed and how Dr. Tau weathered the storm
- The importance of having strong online reviews posted in the right places in our reputation-based society
- How to make sure Google business pages are working efficiently so you don’t lose patients
- Why reviews are critical to choosing a dentist and how happy patients are trusted and loyal customers
- How to create a reputation culture in the office – it’s an entire team effort and you can incentivize staff to encourage patients to leave a review
- How reviews will overtake website importance over the next few years as people’s online habits change
- The limitations of automated programs and the importance of choosing a system like Birdeye to get reviews in the right places
- How text-based automated systems are much more beneficial than email-based ones because of the open rates
- The innovative way that Birdeye software encourages patients to write SEO friendly reviews and how it convinces people to choose your practice
- The need to repurpose Google reviews across all of your marketing platforms, but not to automate reviews on Facebook because it clogs the feed down with repetition
- How Dr. Tau is launching an educational podcast called ‘The Raving Patient’ all about unleashing new ways to get patients into your practice and educating and inspiring others
- How focusing on getting happy patients to write reviews on the sites that really matter can make a dramatic difference to your practice
Dr. Tau is one of the speakers at my Delivering WOW live summit in Jamaica which I am extremely excited about. You can find out more about this here.
Dr. Tau is passionate about educating people. His main goal is for dentists to understand the value of what Birdeye can offer and the value of what reviews can offer to your practice. You can schedule in a demo directly by heading on over to Calendly.com.
For more information on this topic and Dr. Tau you can click here.
Practice In A Pod is the best source for all things dental podcast! Get complete dental podcast listings, episode links and show notes, and complete archives of your favorite dental podcasts.
Don't know what's out there? Practice In A Pod gives you the latest dental podcast episodes as soon as they are aired on the iTunes podcasting network.
Send us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to add your favorite dental podcast or will be launching one soon.