Listen to the episode:
This week on the Delivering WOW podcast I interviewed a really good friend of mine, Dr. Chris Bowman.
We talked all about how you can treat more patients, grow your practice, increase profits and integrate additional services into your practice.
Dr. Chris Bowman is a full-time practicing dentist, speaker, author, and dental coach from Charlotte, North Carolina. A graduate of the University of North Carolina – Chapel Hill School of Dentistry, he started Advanced Dentistry of Charlotte in 1996, where he currently collects among the top 5% of dentists nationally.
Chris also serves as a Clinical Instructor for Six Month Smiles since 2011. Focal points in his private practice include elective cosmetic dentistry, esthetic restorative dentistry, Six Month Smiles adult orthodontics, aligner orthodontics, Pinhole Gum Rejuvenation, Obstructive Sleep Apnea treatment, and sedation dentistry.
A consummate student of business systems, communications and marketing, Dr. Bowman is dedicated to helping dentists from the US and internationally to achieve the highest levels of success and profitability in their practices. In 2005 he founded Dental Insiders, which provides coaching, consulting, and training programs for dentists and dental team members. Dr. Bowman has authored numerous articles on practice growth, communications, marketing, and internal business strategies. He has been a contributor to Dental Economics, The Profitable Dentist magazine, 1000 Gems, and several online dental publications and forums, including Dentistry IQ. He has also shared the stage internationally as a dynamic speaker with many of dentistry’s leading speakers.
On the podcast we discussed:
- Chris’ journey to where he is today
- Why Chris decided he didn’t want to be a ‘typical’ dentist and why he became drawn to focussing on niche procedures
- How adding niche procedures to his practice has made it more productive, profitable and more fun
- The importance of being able to offer multiple options to patients, for example offering Invisalign and 6 Month Smiles
- The process of learning how to do 6 Month Smiles
- Help available for defining treatment plans for 6 Month Smiles
- You need to make sure your patients know what you can do for them, don’t assume they already know
- The effect adding services has had on Chris’ practice
- Amazing ways that Chris’ practice give back to the community
- The costs involved in getting certified for 6 Month Smiles
- How you will cover your investment for your 6 Months Smiles certification after treating your first 1-2 patients
Chris is a speaker at the Delivering WOW Summit, March 9-10 2018. He is also going to be delivering a 6 Months Smiles certification course whilst he is is Jamaica. If you would like to become certified, as well as attend the Summit, please head to Deliveringwowsummit.com . If you’ve been thinking of the right time to get certified for 6 Month Smiles, this is it!
Practice In A Pod is the best source for all things dental podcast! Get complete dental podcast listings, episode links and show notes, and complete archives of your favorite dental podcasts.
Don't know what's out there? Practice In A Pod gives you the latest dental podcast episodes as soon as they are aired on the iTunes podcasting network.
Send us a message at email@example.com if you want to add your favorite dental podcast or will be launching one soon.